Why Did I Pick This Topic?

Early in the pandemic I decided to splurge and buy a Cricut. I thought it would be fun and useful for my future career in teaching. A Cricut is a cutting machine where you use a design space to create projects that the Cricut then cuts out for you. I have seen teachers on social media use their Cricuts to decorate their classrooms, create their schedules, and create resources for lessons.

I decided to base my free inquiry project around my Cricut because I still only know the basics on how it works and I would like to utilize it in my teaching career. I aim to learn how to use my Cricut and culminate my inquiry with designing my own project.

Photo by Kasey Stockli

How I Feel About Beginning My Inquiry

I am excited to start my inquiry project with my Cricut as I have always loved crafting. I look forward to researching a variety of projects and eventually designing my own project. My past experience with the Cricut is making pre-made cards, labels and bulletin board letters. I am excited to expand my design knowledge by using the Cricut Design Space but at this point in time I also feel unsure about my design abilities.

What Are The Next Steps?

My next step in my free inquiry is to research the Cricut and how to design projects. Based on my findings I will try some small projects and experiment with different ways to do things. I found this great blog https://www.lovealwaysaudrey.com/2019/12/cricut-beginners-guide/ to help me start the process.