Inquiry Reflection

Reflecting on the end of my inquiry project, I had a lot of fun over this semester with my Cricut. For some of my projects I was practicing features I was already familiar with (cutting cardstock & adhesive vinyl) and others I got to play around with some new stuff (making a T-shirt, creating magnets, and using the draw feature). There are so many things to do with a Cricut so I did not cover every project possible, but I felt like I did a good variety of projects. If you would like more ideas check out the Cricut website https://cricut.com/en_us/projects.

A marbled egg banner. A sheet of stickers for a planner. School supply magnets. "Oh the places we will go" nautical bookmark. "Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter" trivet in pastel colours.
Photo by Kasey Stockli

Future Ideas

The picture above is a collection of different things I have made. Some are from my inquiry and others are things I made previously. I thought to end off my inquiry I would talk about a few other projects I have made to give a couple more ideas of what you can make.

Banners

One of my first projects was creating the Easter egg banner shown in the picture. I got my Cricut in the spring of 2020 and over the years I have created banners for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. I make them using coloured cardstock and string. If you have any ideas for other holidays that need banners let me know because I love decorating my apartment with them. I almost made a conversation heart banner for Valentine’s Day this year, but I got distracted by other things.

Two children playing with Easter egg stickers. One of them is wearing white bunny ears.
Photo by Eren Li: https://www.pexels.com/photo/concentrated-multiracial-children-playing-with-easter-gifts-on-floor-7168870/

Trivets

I am still not sure what to call these things, but they are basically ceramic tiles that you can place hot pots and pans on. The internet tells me they are called trivets, but I feel like there is also another name for them that I cannot think of. This is the project I have made the most of, right now I have six and I have also given more to friends/family as gifts. I used adhesive vinyl to make the images in these projects and experimented with different colours and designs. Due to my excessive making of trivets, I have had a lot of practice with adhesive vinyl, so I feel like it is my favourite material to use in projects.

Concluding Thoughts